Live Better in Your Kitchen: Meal-Planning Tips from Kroger and TriHealth
TriHealth has partnered with Kroger to show you that living better and eating better doesn't have to be expensive or time consuming. Here, we show you how to make a quick, affordable meal that's easy on your digestion: a vegetable wrap with chips and dessert.
Nutrition (per serving):407 calories, 11g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 947mg sodium, 69g carbohydrates, 7g fiber, 19g sugar, 7g protein, 79% DV vitamin A, 87% DV vitamin C, 8% DV calcium, 9% DV iron
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 taco-size whole wheat soft tortillas
- 1 large carrot
- 2 small jicamas
- 1 medium raw red bell pepper
- ¼ cup “Kroger Roasted Red Pepper with Parmesan Vinaigrette” Dressing
- 3 oz (1 bag) Simple Truth® Natural Sweet and Smokey Popped Chips
- 4 each angel food cake dessert shells
- ¼ cup light cherry filling
- Iced tea with sugar-free sweetener
Watch the video above for a demonstration and follow these general guidelines.
- Wash, peel if needed, and cut the peppers, jicamas, carrot and lettuce as desired (see video for a suggestion) and place on tortilla.
- Drizzle wrap contents with dressing, then roll. Cut wrap in half and place onto plate with chips.
- Scoop a spoonful of cherry filling onto top of angel food cake dessert shell.
- Prepare iced tea and serve.