TriHealth Weight Management: How We Help
TriHealth Weight Management is the most experienced weight-loss surgery team in Cincinnati. We’ve performed more than 1,800 bariatric procedures at TriHealth’s Good Samaritan Hospital, and we’re Cincinnati’s most experienced center at helping patients lose weight and gain the skills to keep it off.
Interested in Bariatric Surgery? Do These Before Your First Appointment
1. Attend an Informational Seminar or View Our Video Seminar
To be considered for weight loss surgery, you must either attend an informational seminar or view our video seminar online.
Please contact the Weight Management Office to schedule a seminar: 513 862 4957
During the seminar one of our surgeons will:
- Review TriHealth Weight Management surgical weight loss programs.
- Discuss each procedure, in detail, as well as go over the risks and benefits of bariatric surgery.
- Answer any questions you may have about the procedures.
2. Complete the Necessary Forms
If you decide you want a physician consultation after watching the video seminar, please print, complete and bring these patient forms to your first visit.
3. Measure Your BMI
The most common measurement for obesity is Body Mass Index (BMI), which provides general parameters of degrees of obesity. It should not be used alone for diagnosis of obesity. Calculate your BMI.
Interested in Non-Surgical Weight Loss?
Through the TriHealth Fitness and Health Pavilion, TriHealth offers a variety of non-surgical weight management options:
- LIFESTEPS® weight loss: This is a 12-week program that provides ongoing guidance for healthy eating, increasing physical activity, and strategies for successful behavior change. Learn more.
- HealthOne weight loss: This is a 36-week program that provides a low-calorie diet for people with a BMI equal to or >27. The HealthOne plan combines food and meal replacements to provide more predictable weight loss. Learn more.
We Provide Quality Care You Can Trust
We are an accredited comprehensive bariatric surgery center by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP), a joint program of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).