Family & Friends CPR Anytime
The impact of providing bystander CPR is profound. It more than doubles the chance that a sudden cardiac arrest victim will survive. Yet victims receive bystander CPR in only about 27 percent of cases.
Learn Lifesaving CPR Skills
Family & Friends® CPR Anytime® is a revolutionary way to learn core CPR skills using the American Heart Association's research-proven "practice-while-watching" technique. Users practice CPR on a personal mannequin while watching a DVD.
Partnership with the American Heart Association
The American Heart Association developed this program to increase the incidence of bystander CPR by making training more accessible. The TriHealth Heart Institute is teaming up with the American Heart Association to make these kits more available to community members. We are distributing these kits in our community to get as many individuals trained as possible to pass on these lifesaving skills.
We are making the kits available to those in the Greater Cincinnati community who will commit to training at least five people per kit. We believe this kind of grass-roots effort will improve heart attack survival rates in our community.
Each kit contains:
- An inflatable CPR Manikin – "Mini Anne"
- CPR skills practice DVD
- CPR instructional fliers
- Program accessories (wipe, one extra lung, cardboard phone)
*Note: Each lung can be used to train five participants. Additional wipes must be provided by trainer.
- Additional lungs (three/package)
- Additional CPR instructional fliers
Family & Friends CPR Anytime participants perform CPR in a real emergency by:
- Starting with the easiest skill to learn (compressions) and building from there
- Maximizing hands-on practice time
- Repeating the proper sequence of actions
- Minimizing information not directly relevant to performing CPR
- Coordinate the education, training as many individuals per kit as possible (five per kit).
- Return completed CPR Anytime Training Form(s) to American Heart Association within one week of training.