Abilities FIRST Resource Team
Abilities FIRST welcomes anyone, whether you have a disability, have a family member with a disability or would like to help us in our efforts to support and honor those with disabilities who make significant contributions to our community and organization.
Mission/Vision-To serve as a resource and an advocate to foster a cooperative, accessible and supportive environment to the TriHealth community. Abilities FIRST will work with the team members to educate the community by increasing awareness and understanding of disability related issues.
Areas of Focus for Abilities FIRST
Education and Awareness
- Design and Implement a Disability Etiquette Training Program with resources available to improve the patient experience
- Provide celebration and awareness for Disability Awareness Month in October
- Job Fairs, partnership with TriHealth Talent Acquisition team to attend job fairs attracting individuals with disabilities for employment opportunities
- Strategic Partnership with Cincinnati ReelAbilities to provide education and awareness within the community
- Volunteer with Visionary & Voices to assist with the mission of providing artistic, cultural, and professional opportunities for artists with disabilities
- Volunteer for Repair Affair providing repairs for those who are low income and limited mobility
- Volunteer for Urban Health Project to build ramps in partnership with medical students and TriHealth residents
"It starts by recognizing, accepting and supporting everyone’s contribution no matter the difference or our own understanding. To me it’s about respecting and being open to seeing through another one’s lenses."
Stacy Kelly, MSN, RN, CNML, Director, ED/ICU/PCU/Telemetry/Tele-Neuro Specialist Program
Bethesda North Hospital