COVID-19 Testing Information and Criteria
TriHealth Testing Criteria
Because testing capacity is so severely limited for private health systems, we will continue to require the following criteria to receive a test at TriHealth:
- Physician order
- Symptomatic (asymptomatic patients will be tested as part of our increased safety protocol for pre-surgical screening)
Note: The cost of the test varies, depending on your insurance coverage. A copay may be collected at the time of testing.
If you do not fall under TriHealth's guidelines to obtain a test, find availability near you from Ohio and Hamilton Country resources below:
Ohio Community Testing Locations
Hamilton County Testing Locations
COVID-19 Testing Procedures
Depending on your needs, the following guidelines will help you understand COVID-19 testing available at TriHealth:
Pre-Op testing for surgery and endoscopy
If ordered by a TPP physician, testing may be performed at any of our TPP PCP offices and some ambulatory locations. Patient should be instructed to call their PCP’s office to schedule this collection.
Symptomatic patient seeking evaluation
- Schedule appointment with your PCP.
- TriHealth Priority Care, TriHealth Emergency Department or TriHealth Clinic at Walgreens.
- Note that all of these options will result in charges for a full visit at the current visit rate for each respective facility.
Maternity COVID-19 Testing Policy
A negative/not detected COVID-19 test will NOT be required prior to delivery if the patient meets the following criteria:
- No symptoms of COVID-19
- Completion of a COVID-19 vaccination series more than 15 days prior to the day of delivery
Physicians/Providers will maintain the authority to order COVID-19 testing on patients under their care, which includes but is not limited to unvaccinated patients and high-risk procedures.
Review the latest maternity COVID-19 testing policy for detailed COVID-19 information regarding your pregnancy: