Cancer-Fighting Juicing Recipes
Juicing may seem like just a health fad, but there are benefits of juicing for people with cancer. Start simple and experiment with just a few fruits or vegetables for your mixes.
Then, you can get more creative and try new combinations! Take it slow as to not shock your body with this new dieting technique.
A Beta Carotene Powerhouse
- 1/3 Cantaloupe, including rind
- 3 Carrots
- 1 Orange, peel
Awesome Antioxidant Booster
- 4 Apricots, pitted
- 6 large Strawberries
A Restorative Juice
- 4 large Carrots
- 4 stems of Broccoli
- 1 Garlic clove
Veggie Medley Juice
- 6 medium carrots
- 1 beet (with greens)
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 to 2 large handfuls spinach
- 1/8 head cabbage
- 2-3 kale leaves
- 1⁄2-1 red bell pepper
- 1 large celery stalk
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/2 bunch parsley (optional)
- (Spices, such as chili powder, turmeric, etc., can be added if desired.)
Regularity Mix (Be careful - this mix is high in fiber!)
- 2 plums
- 2 small apples or pears, cut into wedges
- 1-2 teaspoons of ground flax seeds or psyllium husk for additional fiber (optional)
- Try some of these juicing recipes and find out what works for you! Remember: always in moderation.
Fitness Blender. Best Juicing Recipes for Cancer Prevention. Accessed at http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/Best-Juicing-Recipes-for-Cancer-Prevention-Juicing-Recipes-for-Health/ad/ on February 6, 2010.
MDAnderson. Juicing Fruits and Vegetables at Home. Accessed at www2.mdanderson.org/app/pe/index.cfm?pageName=opendoc&docid=2832 on February 6, 2013.
Last Updated: March 19, 2013