Taylor Swift Reveals her Mom Has Cancer, Shares Important Message with Fans
As a Christmas gift this past year, worldwide pop-music icon Taylor Swift asked her mother, Andrea Swift, to get screened for potential health issues. Unexpectedly, she was diagnosed with cancer, according to Taylor Swift, who revealed her mother's condition in a note to her fans on Tumblr.
Taylor Swift has declined to provide further details, but Andrea Swift requested fans know of her cancer diagnosis as a caveat. Taylor Swift wrote, "She wanted you to know because your parents may be too busy juggling everything they've got going on to go to the doctor, and maybe you reminding them to go get checked for cancer could possibly lead to an early diagnosis and an easier battle … Or peace of mind in knowing that they're healthy and there's nothing to worry about."
Ensure You're Getting the Most out of Your Medical Care:
- 5 Ways to be a Better Patient
- The 3 Most Important Qualities to Look for in a Doctor
- Ask the Expert: How to Find a New Doctor
Learn More about Coping with and Preventing Cancer:
- Melonie Shares Her Main Advice for Coping with a Cancer Diagnosis
- Genetic Testing: How it Helped Local Woman Catch Ovarian Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer Awareness: Know the Symptoms
- Prostate Cancer: TriHealth Team Member Says Regular Screening Could Save Your Life
- Prostate Cancer Screening: Should I Get a PSA Test?
- What's New in Breast Cancer: Panel Testing
- Importance of Regular Health Screenings for Men Aged 18 to 39
- Sun Safety Tips from Dr. Pranav Sheth of TriHealth
- Melanoma: Do You Know the Facts?
Last Updated: April 09, 2015