Heart Healthy Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos
Ingredients:16 oz. low sodium salsa
1 package Mrs. Dash™ Taco Seasoning
3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Toppings (optional): lettuce, cilantro, onion, tomatoes, black beans, low sodium sour cream, low sodium cheese, avocado
1. Prep chicken by trimming/disposing excess fat.
2. In crock pot, mix low sodium salsa and Mrs. Dash™ taco seasoning.
3. Add chicken to crockpot and mix with sauce.
4. Cover and cook on high for four hours or on low for seven to eight hours.
5. Once cooked, shred chicken with a fork.
6. Assemble tacos with tortilla, shredded chicken, and toppings of choice.
View TriHealth Heart Institute dietitian Corrine Gilardi, MHS, RDN, LD whip up this heart-healthy recipe here: