Hearty Pick: Noodles with Carrot Miso Sauce
With lots of vegetables and beans, this colorful and heart-healthy vegan dish packs quite a nutritional punch. Plus, with so much flavor, you won’t miss the meat!
Yields: 4 Servings
- 9 oz. carrots, peeled and grated
- ½ cup light miso paste
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 Tbs. yuzu or rice vinegar
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 12 oz. noodles of your choice
- 1¼ cup cooked edamame beans
- Mrs. Dash seasoning (optional)
First make the sauce by blending the grated carrots, miso, tahini, vinegar, ginger and 1 cup of water in a high-speed blender until smooth. Add Mrs. Dash seasoning if needed for taste, then let sit.
Cook the noodles in boiling water according to the package instructions. When ready, drain and rinse.
Divide the sauce between four bowls, then top with the noodles and beans and serve immediately.
Last Updated: July 31, 2019