Recipe: Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- 1 thin-crust wheat pizza crust (like Boboli)
- 1/2 cup light Alfredo sauce (recipe at right, or jarred)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2/3 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, thinly sliced (optional garnish)
- Fresh basil, chopped (optional garnish)
Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 450º F.
Place the crust on a baking sheet and spread the pizza sauce over the crust. Top evenly with the baby spinach, chicken and tomato halves.
Sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmesan evenly on top, and bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is browned. Scatter fresh spinach and basil over top of pizza, if desired.
Light and Luscious All-Purpose Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cup low-fat evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons instant flour (like Wondra)
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1 to 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a medium saucepan, whisk the evaporated milk and flour until smooth. Whisk in the broth and place over low heat.
Add the cream cheese, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Bring to a low simmer and cook until the sauce thickens, about 4 minutes. Whisk in the Parmesan and cook for 1 to 2 more minutes, or until sauce is smooth.
Last Updated: September 11, 2015