Recipe: Stephen's Pretzel Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- ½ cup crushed pretzels (about 1 ounce)
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray. Wrap the chicken breasts in plastic wrap and gently pound to ¾-inch thickness. Set aside.
- In a wide, flat bowl, place the pretzel crumbs, mustard powder, onion powder and ½ teaspoon pepper, and stir to combine.
- Smear ½ teaspoon of Dijon on each side of breast and roll chicken in the crumb mixture until evenly coated (use finer crumbs to cover bare spots). Place chicken on prepared baking sheet, lightly spray with cooking spray and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While chicken is baking in a small bowl, whisk together the remaining Dijon, vinegar, mayonnaise, honey, olive oil, a pinch of black pepper and 1 tablespoon of water. Serve each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of the sauce.