Video Recipe: Heart-Healthy Vegetarian Breakfast Frittata
Live Better in Your Kitchen: Meal-Planning Tips from Kroger and TriHealth
TriHealth has partnered with Kroger to show you that living better and eating better doesn't have to be expensive or time consuming. Here, we show you how to make a quick, affordable heart-healthy meal: a vegetarian breakfast frittata.
Nutrition (per serving): 282 calories, 11g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 16mg cholesterol, 698mg sodium, 24g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 7g sugar, 21g protein, 66% DV vitamin A, 80% DV vitamin C, 33% DV calcium, 33% DV iron.
Makes 4 Servings
- 2 cups (1/2 package) Simple Truth meatless crumbles
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 4 oz reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 4 each medium white mushrooms
- 4 oz marinated artichokes, drained
- 36g (about 12 pieces) sundried tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups low sodium tomato juice
- 4 black tea bags
- 4 packets (8g) Kroger Zero Calorie Sweetener Stevia Blend
Watch the video above for a demonstration and follow these general guidelines.
- In a large, ovenproof skillet, sautee the Simple Truth Meatless crumbles in a small amount of vegetable oil or spray for about a minute.
- Add mushrooms, then add the drained and chopped marinated artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes. Add the spinach. Stir and remove from stovetop.
- Pour the liquid egg whites into the pan and stir to evenly distribute the ingredients and top with cheese
- Place skillet in preheated 350-degree oven for about 20 minutes