Video Recipe: Low-Calorie Herb Chicken and Rice Meal
Live Better in Your Kitchen: Meal-Planning Tips from Kroger and TriHealth
TriHealth has partnered with Kroger to show you that living better and eating better doesn't have to be expensive or time consuming. Here, we show you how to make a quick, affordable meal ideal for weight management: herb chicken with rice, salad and a yogurt parfait.
Nutrition (per serving): 445 calories (note: portion size in video is slightly larger and therefore closer to 600 calories), 9g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 69mg cholesterol, 807mg sodium, 52g carbohydrates, 4g fiber, 11g sugar, 38g protein, 57% DV vitamin A, 50% DV vitamin C, 39% DV calcium, 15% DV iron
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 pound (about 4 each) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Kroger Garlic and Herb Blend Seasoning
- Dash of paprika
- 1 cup dry long grain brown rice
- 2 cups Kroger Mirepoix (frozen vegetable mix)
- 4 cups spring mix field greens
- ½ cup roasted red pepper vinaigrette dressing
- 16 oz Kroger Lite Blueberry Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Simple Truth® Honey Almond Flax Cereal
- 12 fresh strawberries
Watch the video above for a demonstration and follow these general guidelines.
- Pour rice and Mirepoix into baking dish along with the amount of water recommended on the packaging. Cover with foil and place in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Trim fat from chicken breast pieces and cut pieces to consistent thickness. Sprinkle zesty seasoning blend on both sides of chicken breast and then top with a sprinkling of paprika. Place chicken, uncovered, in 350 degree oven.
- Prepare yogurt parfait dessert. In a small glass, place half the contents of one yogurt cup, then add a layer of flax cereal. Add remainder of yogurt then top with sliced strawberries.
- Remove chicken from oven when it reaches 165 degrees. Remove rice from oven when it is fluffy and has absorbed most of the water.
- Place spring mix field greens onto a plate or bowl and top with a small amount of roasted red pepper vinaigrette dressing.