Breast implants are used to change the size and shape of your breasts to create balance and improved appearance.
- General statement: The breast is an important aesthetic feature of the female upper body. Patients who seek breast augmentation are looking for an improved appearance to the upper chest. By using an implant, either with silicone or saline, breast augmentation will help achieve balance and enhancement of the female figure.
- Why? Balance of the womanly figure is an important aesthetic principle. Often the breast are not ideally shaped or formed to balance the rest of the female aesthetics. Breast augmentation is a procedure that allows for enhancement of the chest to achieve the shape you desire.
- Are you a candidate? If you feel that the breast shape does not fit your body, or you would like to enhance this feature on your body then you are likely a candidate for breast augmentation. Schedule an appointment with one of our experts at the Trihealth Cosmetic Surgery and Rejuvenation center for a consultation.
- The procedure and recovery: A small incision is made under the breast and an implant is placed below the muscle in most cases. A size is chosen to fit your body and expectations. During your initially consultation the surgeon will discuss size and shape with you, and a plan will be created to achieve a realistic outcome. Post-operatively you will be placed in a surgical bras. Once healing has progressed you will be allowed to return to normal activity.
- The results: Breast augmentation creates balance and enhanced shape to the female figure. You will see immediate changes after the operation. The breast implants will be a new part of your figure; care and maintenance will be discussed with you in detail.
A technique used to change the size and shape of your breasts by utilizing liposuction to remove fat from other parts of your body and transfer to your breasts by injection.
- General statement: This technique borrows fat from one area of the body and replaces it in the breast to change the shape and size of the breast.
- Why? Rather than using an implant for augmentation, fat grafting allows you to use your own fat from other areas of the body to augment the breast.
- Are you a candidate? Only a select set of patients are candidates for the procedure. The results are modest compared to implant based breast augmentation.
- The procedure and recovery: Fat is taken from areas with extra tissue to donate. You can expect some pain and bruising from the fat graft harvest site. The fat is then processed and strategically placed in the breast. You can return to daily activities several days after the surgery.
- The results: The results are modest, and occasionally patients will need multiple rounds of surgery to achieve the desired outcome.
A combination of techniques used to change the size and shape of your breasts by using breat implants in addition to removing excess skin which creates a lifting effect.
- General statement: This procedures lifts a sagging breast while at the same time augments the breast with an implant to increase its size. This can sometimes be performed at the same time or occasionally needs to be staged into two different operations.
- Why? The breasts sag over time. They also lose volume and look deflated. A breast augmentation with lift improves both of these aforementioned problems.
- Are you a candidate? If your breasts have become ptotic or deflated and you desire to lift the breast while at the same time increase their size then this would be the ideal surgery for you.
- The procedure and recovery: Various incisions are used to lift the breast depending on the size and shape of your breast. If the augmentation can be safely performed simultaneously then this will be combined, however in some patients it needs to be staged. You will be placed in a surgical brazier after the surgery and your surgeon will advise when you can return to normal activity.
- The results: The surgery combines a lift and augmentation to rejuvenate the breast. The results will lead to a perkier breast with improved size and shape.