A surgical technique used to balance and enhance the appearance of your breasts proportionately to your body and can be used to help alleviate weight and reduce physical pain.
- General statement: Some breasts are too large and out of proportion for your figure. A breast reduction decreases the overall size of the breast while at the same time maintaining or enhancing its shape.
- Why? Some patients breasts are slightly too large and a cosmetic reduction will improve the overall shape and balance of the female aesthetic.
- Are you a candidate? If your breasts are slightly too large and you desire to have an improved size and shape then you are likely a candidate for a cosmetic reduction. Extremely large breasts may be candidates for insurance-based reconstruction and those patients should be seen in the reconstructive clinic.
- The procedure and recovery: A breast reduction is an exchange of large breasts for scars. Through the various incisions your breast will be reduced and reshaped to give you a reduced look.
- The results: The expected result is a reduced volume breast that fits your aesthetic desire.