The brow area is raised by lifting and tightening the forehead; providing improvement in the appearance of aging.
- General statement: The forehead is a prominent focal point on the face and can be an early sign of aging. The physicians with Trihealth Cosmetic and Rejuvenation center are experienced in treating this area. If you are a candidate, the benefits of a brow lift will be discussed during your consultation.
- Why? Wrinkles, also known as rhytids, develop and deepen with age, the brows also start to sag (ptosis) leading to signs of aging. Additionally, if brow ptosis advances it can obstruct the peripheral margins of your vision.
- Are you a candidate? If you have developed deep wrinkles on your forehead or having a ptotic eye brow then you are likely a candidate for this operation.
- The procedure and recovery: There are different approaches to a brow (forehead) lift. The surgeons at Trihealth will discuss the best option for you. You would undergo either an open brow lift which requires larger incision or an endoscopic lift which is a minimally invasive procedure. You may experience some bruising, but otherwise patients recovery quickly and are healing well within 1-2 weeks.
- The results: A browlift procedure can perform two major changes to this area of your face. First, it can smooth out the wrinkles that have developed on your forehead. Secondly, it can raise any sagging or ptotic eyebrows. This is usually performed as an outpatient procedure but can also be combined with other procedures.