Implants help balance and enhance the contours of the face and other facial features.
- General statement: Cheek implants are permanent prosthetic devices surgically placed to add volume to the midface. Adding volume around the cheeks creates a youthful appearance to someone who is deficient in this area.
- Why? Voluminous cheeks provide a youthful and refreshed appearance. Some patient are born with decreased volume and projection in this area. Others develop bony loss and decreased fat pads with aging leading to deficiencies in the cheeks creating a flat or sunken appearance.
- Are you a candidate? If you have loss of volume in the cheeks and would like a permanent fix then you may be a candidate for cheek implants.
- The procedure and recovery: Cheek implants are usually placed with incisions hidden in the mouth. The recovery takes 1-2 weeks following the procedure.
- The results: The results are immediate, but you may experience swelling for several weeks following the operation. Due to swelling the final results will not be fully realized until a few months following the procedure.