A surgical technique to reshape the appearance of the elongated upper lip.
- General statement: The lip can elongate with age. This leads to disproportionate facial dimensions and can be a subtle sign of aging. A lip lift procedure restores these proportions to create a more balanced appearance.
- Why? Lips can sag with time and become longer than proportionately expected. Lip lift does just that, it lifts and shortens the upper lift and allows more show of the upper teeth.
- Are you a candidate? If you feel your upper lip is too long schedule an appointment with one of our plastic surgeons to see if you would benefit from a lip lift.
- The procedure and recovery: An incision is made under and around the nose. Extra tissue is removed and sutures are placed.
- The results: The lip will be restored to a more natural appearing size and length. Sutures will be removed and a small scar will be present although most patients heal well enough that it is not even noticeable.