Lower Body Lift
A surgical technique to lift the buttock and hip areas to enhance the shape.
- General statement: A lower body lift addresses unwanted fat and skin of the lower back and the sagging buttock. This develops overtime and can be burdensome to patients. Incisions are made along the lower back and this tissue is removed through a lower body lift. If desired, your own tissue can sometimes be used to augment the buttock.
- Why? Extra skin of the lower back and a sagging buttock can be and aesthetic concern. Whether you have had these your whole life or developed them over time their presence can be an issue. Surgery allows these to be removed in exchange for scars.
- Are you a candidate? If you have extra skin folds of the lower back, and a buttock that sags then you may be a candidate to have them surgically removed.
- The procedure and recovery: Incisions are made along your lower back. The extra tissue is remove and the incisions are closed. You will likely have drains. You will be back to light duty in 1-2 weeks, but full recovery and can take 1-2 months.
- The results: The removal of this skin will lead to a smoother and more contoured lower back and buttock region. The trade-off for the skin is longer scars, but patients are usually very willing to accept this.