A surgical technique used to enhance contouring by reducing excess skin and fat to lift the thighs.
- General statement: Extra skin and fat can hang down from the upper legs causing chafing and/or an unwanted aesthetic appearance. A thigh lift is a surgical procedure that can remove unwanted skin and fat from the upper leg and crotch region.
- Why? The upper legs can be a bothersome area for patients that have extra skin or unwanted fat the region. Removing those problems can lead to improved aesthetic and functional outcomes.
- Are you a candidate? If you have developed sagging skin from age or weight loss or have unwanted fat in the upper legs then you are a candidate for a thigh lift procedure.
- The procedure and recovery: In most cases you will be trading the unwanted skin and fat for an incision that runs down medial aspect of the thigh. In a select number of patients, a smaller incision can be created and hidden in the crotch. Other patients may be a candidate for liposuction in the area. Post-operatively you will have a dressing in place and a garment to help add compression. Some patient will have a drain that is temporary.
- The results: The surgery will help reshape the thigh region, allowing clothes to fit better and providing an improved aesthetic appearance.