Botox® is injected into facial muscles that cause severe frown lines, forehead creases and crow’s feet, temporarily relaxing them and leaving the overlying skin improved and wrinkle-free.
- General statement: Botox ®, or botulinum toxin, is a commonly used agent used to rejuvenate the aging face. Injection of Botox relaxes the muscles of the face which often cause unwanted wrinkles. Our experts at Trihealth are trained to evaluate each individual patient and assess their need for the most effective treatment with botox.
- Why?As your face ages, there are many changes that occur with time. One of the most age-defining features of the face are the wrinkles or rhytids that develop over time.; By injecting Botox precisely into the muscles and targeting specific locations, the effect of this agent can refresh your appearance with satisfying results.
- Are you a candidate?If you have developed wrinkles of the face, particularly around the eyes, forehead or between the eyebrows you are likely a candidate for Botox. When you schedule an appointment with one of our qualified physicians at Trihealth you will undergo a full facial analysis followed by a discussion of the best treatment options to meet your goals.
- The procedure and recovery: Botox is injected with extremely small needles into the area of interest. Specific muscles and locations on each muscle are targeted to achieve each result. There is little to no downtime following Botox injection.
- The results: You will begin to see muscle relaxation after several days and full results within 2 weeks. The full duration of each treatment varies from patient to patient and also depends on history of prior injections. Depending on the exact results you want to achieve, your provider may suggest including filler injections to help supplement the botox injection.