Case management at McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital is available to assist patients and their families in coping with the stresses of illness and hospitalization. Our experienced and professional case managers act as the patient's advocate and provide resources, education, support and guidance before, during and after hospitalization.
A case manager works directly with patients and their families, their physicians and the entire health care team during hospitalization. Case managers provide continuity of care through the following services:
- Comprehensive medical, psychosocial and functional assessments.
- Planning for hospital discharge.
- Hospital discharge, whether to home, assisted living, rehabilitation, skilled nursing facility or hospice.
- Referrals for medical equipment and supplies, home nursing care and/or available community resources.
- Communication with the insurance provider during hospitalization.
- Answering questions regarding advanced directives and assisting in completing necessary forms.
- Making referrals to appropriate mental health professionals to help patients and their families cope with the stress of illness.
For more information, please call inpatient services at 513 524 5320.