Important Update: In-person maternity classes resume July 1, 2020 (7/1/20) for all classes except the following: Maternity Tours, Big Brother/Big Sister classes, Tummy Time Method classes and Exercise classes. In order to attend a maternity class, a mask is required at all times and attendees must be screened before entering any TriHealth facility.
In cooperation with your physician or midwife, McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital offers "Baby Bound," a prenatal education program in which an obstetrical registered nurse, or identified as the Baby Bound Nurse, will meet with you once or twice during pregnancy at no charge.
The visits will include guidelines for caring for yourself and your baby throughout the pregnancy, delivery, and after the delivery. We will:
- Assess for pregnancy and delivery risk factors.
- Provide access to support services.
- Offer guidelines for nutrition.
- Discuss pain management options during labor.
- Discuss newborn feeding options.
- Provide extensive breastfeeding education and support.
- Discuss care of your newborn.
- Provide you with information on all of our perinatal programs.
In addition, we will help you complete preadmission forms and other necessary paperwork. This will allow you to spend quality time with your family before and after the birth of your child.
Participation in the program will help you be informed and prepared during this exciting time.
A Baby Bound Nurse contacts participants by phone and/or letter to arrange their first visit. Call 513 524 5689 or email obscheduling@mhmh.TriHealth.com for information or scheduling.