Raw Chocolate Brownies
Corn Bean Salsa
Kale Apple Almond Salad, serves 3-4
- large head of kale
- 1-2 red apples (try honeycrips or really crisp/sweet ones!)
- 1/2 c salted/unsalted almonds (or mixed nuts)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 Tbsp craisins (or raisins, dates, or any dried fruit)
- drizzle of: olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- salt/pepper to taste
- optional: avocado, sliced
- Start by washing your kale and apples well. Strip away the long stems on the kale and put all the washed leaves in a large bowl. Transfer the leaves to a large cutting board and roughly chop. Then add the leaves back to the bowl.
- Massage the kale. Drizzle kale leaves in olive oil (about 1 Tbsp), sprinkle a pinch of salt on top and start squeezing and scrunching leaves between your hands. After 1 minute or so, the kale will start to wilt slightly and become less tough/fibrous.
- Drizzle honey or maple syrup and balsamic vinegar to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the apple, almonds and dried fruit (optional to add avocado). Serve!
This salad also goes great with grilled chicken, salmon, chicken tenders, quinoa or chickpeas as well!
Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken
2 lb. chicken breast
1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks in 100% juice
1 can salsa
3 medium zucchini, diced
1. Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker and cover them with the salsa.
2. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours, or until easily shredded. Shred the chicken.
3. Add the pineapple with ⅔ cup of the canned juice, and the zucchini to the slow cooker and cook for an
additional 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until the zucchini is soft.
Serve on whole wheat tortilla or on romaine lettuce