The day after surgery, a member of Good Samaritan Hand Surgery Center staff will call you to check on your progress. If your surgery was on Friday, you will be contacted on Monday. While you are at home, these suggestions will help you feel most comfortable:
- Have someone stay with you for 24 hours after surgery
- Take it easy until your physician says you can resume a normal routine
- Do not drive, operate machinery or power tools
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages or take medication not prescribed by your physician for at least 24 hours
- Follow your physician’s instructions regarding diet, rest and medication
- Do not hesitate to contact your physician if you feel you are having problems. If your doctor is not available, call the nearest hospital emergency room.