- What can I expect at my first fertility appointment?
- What are the office hours?
- What if I have to cancel my appointment?
- What is Dr. Thie’s speciality?
- What medical problems are not treated by Dr.Thie?
- I have my first appointment with Dr. Thie today and I have started my menstrual cycle, should I reschedule?
- Do you accept my insurance?
Your first fertility appointment is an in-depth visit. We suggest that you bring your husband/partner with you to this visit. Dr. Thie will review your history and your medical records. Please make sure that you have obtained those previous records that she would want to see. There will be an examination that includes a transvaginal ultrasound. You and your partner will formulate a plan with Dr. Thie to move forward with your treatment. Most blood work necessary can be done on site. You will meet with the nurse who will clarify the next steps in your plan. You can expect to be here 1 to 2 hours.
Our regularly scheduled office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00 pm. We see patients on the weekend for fertility procedures such as ultrasounds for egg monitoring and sperm insemination. We do blood draws in the office for fertility drug monitoring on the weekends as well.
If you have to cancel your appointment, please call the office to let us know at least 24 hours in advance. You can leave a message on the voicemail if it is after office hours, but we will not retrieve your message until the following day. If your appointment is for that next day, we will be unable to schedule another patient to fill that spot . We know things come up and sometimes you can’t keep a scheduled appointment. When that happens, please let us know as soon as possible so we can offer your appointment to another patient. If you give us less than 24 hours notice of an appointment cancellation, you will be charged fifty dollars ($50.00) which needs to be paid before another visit can be scheduled. If you miss 3 appointments, we reserve the right to dismiss you from our practice.
Dr. Thie is a reproductive endocrinologist and a gynecologist. She works with patients who are trying to conceive and offers services for all facets of infertility. (see Infertility Services) She also sees patients for endocrine problems related to the female reproductive system. She treats menopausal concerns, polycystic ovarian syndrome and premature menopause. She works to control endometriosis in those women who are not yet ready for pregnancy but would like to preserve their fertility. (see Gyn Services)
Dr.Thie is not a medical endocrinologist. She is not a thyroid specialist. She does not treat abnormal pap smears or gynecologic cancers. She does not treat bladder problems or perform bladder surgery. She can refer you to other physicians who specialize in those areas. Once a patient achieves a pregnancy, we will confirm that you have a normal pregnancy, and then refer you back to your OB doctor or help you find one if you are not established already.
I have my first appointment with Dr. Thie today and I have started my menstrual cycle, should I reschedule?
No, in most cases menstrual cycles do not interrupt any part of your first visit. It is best to keep your appointment and if necessary we can schedule procedures that are unable to be done at that time for a later date.
Dr. Thie is a plan participator for many insurance plans and as a courtesy we will verify your fertility benefits prior to your first appointment. It is, however, the patient’s responsibility to know who is in their provider network and what the benefits are.
Insurances we accept:
- Aetna – commercial and Medicare Advantage
- Anthem – commercial and Medicare Advantage
- Beech St./Multiplan/PHCS – commercial
- Buckeye – Medicaid, Medicare Advantage*, commercial Exchange (*new for 1/1/15)
- Caresource – Medicaid + commercial Exchange
- Cigna – commercial
- Custom Design Benefits – Selected employer groups that TriHealth directly contracts with (the TriHealth logo will appear on the ID card and will note Tier 1 or Tier 2)
- Gateway – Medicare Advantage
- Healthsmart (Emerald/Interplan/HPO) – commercial
- Healthspan – commercial
- Humana – commercial and Medicare Advantage + commercial Exchange
- Medical Mutual – commercial
- Molina – Medicaid + dual eligible (Medicare/Medicaid), Medicare Advantage
- Ohio Health Choice – commercial
- Paramount – Medicaid
- Premier – Medicare Advantage (new for 1/1/15)
- Riverlink – Medicare Advantage (new for 1/1/15)
- Healthnet/TriCare – military
- United – commercial, Medicare Advantage (Medicare Complete HMO and Medicare FOCUS, Medicaid* [*Medicaid (Community Plan) – TPP, Group Health, Queen City and TriHealth Physicians of Indiana are non-participating – the other TriHealth groups are participating.]
Exchange Contracted Payers Products:
- Anthem (Ohio residents) – commercial – Pathway X Tiered-Ohio only
- Anthem INDIANA-TriHealth Physicians of INDIANA ONLY
- Caresource – commercial – Just for Me
- Humana – HMOx and PPO network
- Buckeye-commercial exchange (Ambetter)