World-Class Expertise. Compassionate Care.
In Greater Cincinnati, and in Ohio, for that matter, no one performs more robotic-assisted surgeries than TriHealth. According to Intuitive Surgical, Inc., Bethesda North, a TriHealth hospital, is ranked in the top 1 percent nationally when it comes to the number of procedures performed.
Robotic-assisted surgery is performed by highly-trained surgeons who utilize a robotic system. Miniaturized medical instruments are inserted through very small incisions (each about the size of a dime) and controlled by the surgeon via a console, located right next to the patient. The benefits of these features include:
- The instruments are wristed, allowing them to turn and maneuver with ease and also bend far beyond the ability of the human hand.
- Surgeons have even more precise control than with laparoscopic tools.
- With a 3D camera, surgeons are provided high-definition, magnified images for a better view than either the human eye or the 2D images of laparoscopy can allow.
- So highly tuned, the equipment even steadies any random movements, allowing for the highest level of precision.
Robotic-assisted surgery can be used on many parts of the body, including:
When it comes to complex surgeries, no one else comes close.
Our expert surgeons at TriHealth excel in both simple and complex robotic-assisted surgical procedures in these areas. Each surgeon provides a personalized approach, tailoring the specific surgical procedure best suited to each individual patient’s condition.
When compared to an open approach, a minimally-invasive approach provides:
- Significantly less pain
- Fewer Complications
- Less blood loss and need for transfusions
- Less risk of infection
- Less scarring
- Shorter hospital stay
- Shorter recovery time
- Quicker return to normal activities