TriHealth’s functional mobility, or wheelchair, evaluation is a comprehensive assessment that determines the most appropriate seating system for patients. Our specially trained occupational therapists work to help you achieve the ultimate level of mobility so you can regain independence and lead a comfortable life free from the frustration of mobility impairments.
Wheelchair Evaluation Services
This program includes evaluating for manual or power wheelchairs, and/or recommending the proper seating and positioning needs. The functional mobility evaluation is completed by the therapist and then given to the appropriate insurance company, vendor or physician. Our services include:
- Comprehensive evaluation by an occupational therapist
- Team approach to determine the most appropriate type of equipment
- Comprehensive written evaluation is provided to obtain financial support from Medicare, Medicaid, BVR and private insurance companies
- Trial equipment is provided at the time of service.
Conditions We Treat
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Cerebrovascular Accident (CVA)
- Other neurological conditions
- General debility, including, but not limited to cardiac issues, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), arthritis and polyneuropathies