Not all patients have transportation, financial support or resources necessary at home. We work with you to address your own situation so that, no matter who you are, you are eligible to receive our care.
Screening and Outreach
The TriHealth Community Outreach for Breast Cancer occurs both inside our facilities and outside of the facilities. This report focusses on the outside of the facilities with well over one hundred and eighty locations around the City of Cincinnati with the use of our Mobile Mammography Van.
The statistics for 2018 January –August showed approximately 9.5% of the patient population served required additional imaging and there were 5 diagnosis of cancer made.
All patients are giving information where to follow-up on abnormal or positive findings.
The American Cancer Society has the guidelines listed below in regard to breast screening:
- Women ages 40 to 44 should have the choice to start annual breast cancer screening with mammograms (x-rays of the breast) if they wish to do so.
- Women age 45 to 54 should get mammograms every year.
- Women 55 and older should switch to mammograms every 2 years, or can continue yearly screening.
- Screening should continue as long as a woman is in good health and is expected to live 10 more years or longer
2017 Mobile Mammography
- 2,906 women screened
- 183 screening locations
- 60 corporate clients
- 27 community partners
- Price Hill Health Center
- Healthy Women Healthy Lives
- TriHealth Team Member Locations (Oak/Norwood)
- Approximately 12 - 13 percent required additional imaging
- Cancers Diagnosed: 9
- Corporate Sites: 5
- Community Sites: 3
- Price Hill Free Health Center: 1