TriHealth EAP provides Behavioral Health Disability Case Management Services including a comprehensive assessment, case management and any necessary consultation services.
Multiple services for both the employee and family members, when integrated and implemented properly, will provide a win/win situation for the employee and the employer.
TriHealth EAP defines disability in terms of functional ability rather than in terms of symptoms. Case managers recognize that work is a therapeutic part of every employee's life. Given assistance and support, a greater number of individuals will return to work in a more timely manner.
- Comprehensive psychosocial assessment
- Evaluation of current functional abilities and disabilities
- Evaluation of current medications as reported by employee
- Evaluation of overall medical condition
- Assessment of history, development and treatment of the disabling psychiatric condition
Work History Assessment
- Detailed assessment of work history (provided by employee’s supervisor)
- Assessment of historical data related to any lost work time
- Assessment of any relationship between work stress and associated disability
- Recommendation for ongoing intervention by appropriate behavioral health professional
- Assessment of appropriateness of current treatment, including level of case and need for independent medical evaluation
- Assessment of support systems
- Development of goals and objectives for employee’s return to work
- Determination of approximate return-to-work dates in collaboration with treatment provider
- Monitoring of employee’s progress in treatment via contact with the treatment provider
- Periodic written disability status updates to designated company personnel with employee consent
- Follow-up with employee for up to 60 days from date of return to work to assist with adjustment process
- Consultation with the company regarding return-to-work strategies and any needed accommodations