If this is a behavioral health emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to your nearest emergency room. If your situation is serious or urgent, please call us at 513-891-1627 or 1-800-642-9794. We are available to employees and family members of our contracted companies 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. This service should not be used for assistance with crises.
In accordance with the Ohio Administrative Code, Chapter 4757-5-13 Standards of practice and professional conduct: electronic service delivery (internet, email, teleconference, etc.) and the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board, Request-A-Counselor® is NOT an internet counseling service. This portal may be used to request the name and contact information of a clinician who will provide counseling through your EAP benefit and an authorization for those services. You must call the clinician to schedule a counseling appointment.
In using Request-A-Counselor®, I understand:
- TriHealth EAP is confidential.No information is reported to my employer other than utilization numbers such as “10 people used the service this quarter.”
- TriHealth EAP will authorize the number of sessions provided by my company.
- The TriHealth EAP clinician will assess whether or not my issue can be resolved in the number of sessions allowed.If my issue cannot be resolved in those sessions, I may be referred for longer term counseling through my insurance benefit.
- In using email to request a counselor, I will be given a counselor who seems to be a match based on the information I provide to TriHealth EAP.
- I will need to provide all my demographics, counselor preferences (such as gender) and a short description of why I am seeking counseling so I can be matched with an appropriate clinician.
- TriHealth EAP will open a case in my name so they can complete an authorization for services and send it to the clinician via encrypted email.
- TriHealth EAP will send me a satisfaction survey after my EAP case is closed.I am under no obligation to complete this survey.
- If I have any problems or issues during my EAP experience, I can contact TriHealth EAP at 513-891-1627 to talk with a counselor or management personnel.
The TriHealth EAP Request-A-Counselor® service allows you and TriHealth EAP staff to send and receive encrypted email messages. By providing an email address, you are giving permission for information to be sent from TriHealth EAP to your email address. When you elect to provide personal information to us, in no case will we sell, license or transmit that information to any outside entity for any reason, with the exception of the authorization for EAP counseling services. TriHealth EAP will internally use the personal information you voluntarily submit to register you for services in our electronic health record.
Your email address will not be retained for secondary purposes. A copy of your email communications with Request-A-Counselor® will be retained as a part of your electronic health record. The use and disclosure of your personal information is in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Ohio law.