|Meet Our Leaders
Medical Director, Heads Count Program - TriHealth
Medical Director, Heads Count Program - McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital
Dr. Dixon are Dr. Daggy are joined by the following physicians in providing medical evaluation and baseline testing for suspected concussions in student-athletes.
Our roster of pros includes sports medicine physicians, physiatrists, and athletic trainers who educate athletes about how to reduce their risk for injuries.
Sports medicine physicians are primary care physicians that have had fellowship training in sports medicine. This includes extended training and Continuing Medical Education on diagnosis and treatment of concussions and other muskuloskeletal issues. Sports medicine physicians treat nonsurgical conditions as well as medical issues associated with sports and athletics.
Physiatrists are nerve, muscle and bone experts and are specifically trained in treating brain injuries. They specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation. They diagnose pain and design a treatment plan that can be carried out with the help of the physician's medical team. Each of Group Health’s physicians has completed an accredited residency training and an evaluation to assess their knowledge, experience and skills.
Athletic trainers are health care professionals that work under the direction of physicians. Athletic trainers are clinically and academically qualified to medically treat patients and clients of all ages in any physical setting. Public safety, injury and illness prevention and early intervention are keystones to athletic training. Typically, an athletic trainer administers the ImPACT test and a physician reviews and interprets the results.
Concussion Referral Number: 513 246 7953
- Kenwood – 8311 Montgomery Road
- Mason – 7450 Mason-Montgomery Road, Suite 104
- Oxford – 5151 Morning Sun Road, Suite A
- University Station – 1775 Lexington Avenue, Suite 100
- West Chester – 4900 Wunnenburg Way
- West Chester – 8040 Princeton-Glendale Road
- Western Hills – 6350 Glenway Avenue, Suite 205
- Western Ridge – 6949 Good Samaritan Drive, Suite 200
We’re pleased to collaborate with high schools, colleges and other organizations throughout Greater Cincinnati. Currently, TriHealth athletic trainers work with:
- Colleges: Mt. St. Joseph University
- High Schools: Finneytown, Franklin County, Little Miami, Norwood, Roger Bacon, Ross, Seton High School, Talawanda, The Summit Country Day, St. Xavier High School, Sycamore, Wyoming
- Club Teams: Cincinnati Gymnastics Academy, Perfection Gymnastics
- Organizations: Cincinnati Reds Community Fund, Mason Community Center, Warren County Sports (WCCVB)
- We are available to partner with other coaches and schools. These certified athletic trainers are trained in prevention, recognition, care, assessment and management of concussions.
We’ll talk about the dangers of concussions with parents, your student-athlete’s coach, trainer, athletic director or school. Contact us to request one of our experts meet with you.