The TriHealth Center for Maternal Cardiac Care is a relatively new multidisciplinary program for providing innovative and collaborative care to pregnant women with all forms of congenital and acquired cardiac illness.
The program involves clinical experts in the fields of maternal–fetal medicine, adult cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, adult & adolescent congenital heart disease, and cardiac & obstetric anesthesia. This approach to pregnancy care encompasses direct communication and the exchange of ideas to best serve the patient and her unborn child.
We are happy to provide outpatient and inpatient consultation, co-management with local obstetricians, or total care to women with complex cardiac needs in pregnancy. Through our Critical Care Obstetric Workshop Series, our team strives to become the leader in the region for providing in depth classroom and simulation training for providers charged with caring for pregnant women with critical care needs.
Please feel free to contact the team (day and night) at (866) 846–4767 or email our coordinator at Margo_Reed@TriHealth.com
Critical Care Obstetric Workshops
To provide in-depth didactic and hands-on simulation training for all levels of providers.
Past Critical Care Obstetric Events
Shock in the Obstetric Patient (September 23, 2017)
Maternal Code Blue – Critical Care Obstetric Workshop
- The High Spinal & Local Anesthetic, Jeff Englund, CRNA, David Klein, M.D. ( Anesthesia)
- Pregnancy & Pulmonary HTN, Shahla Mallick, M.D.( Pulmonologist)
- Nursing Approach in OB Cardiac Arrest, Denise Fantetti, RN, Jane Whalen, RN- (Clinical Nurse Specialist- Cardiac Services)
- Arrhythmias in Pregnancy, John Wilson, M.D. (Cardiologist)
- Maternal Code-The Basics, William T. Schnettler, M.D. (Perinatologist, Director of Maternal Cardiac Care)
- Amniotic Fluid Embolism, Kristin Coppage, M.D. (Perinatologist)