IMPORTANT COVID-19 Coronavirus Updates Regarding Visitor Restrictions
MATERNITY VISITORS FOR DELIVERY ONLY:
As of 7am March 1st, two visitors ( must be at least 16 yo) may accompany the maternity patient during their stay. The two visitors must remain the same and cannot switch out during the stay. Due to safety reasons, only one visitor is allowed in the OR for a Cesarean delivery. In cases of adoption or surrogacy, one visitor is allowed for the maternity patient and two visitors are allowed for the fetus/neonate (three total). The NICU/SCN visitation policy will not change.
All visitors will be screened per protocol before entering the hospital. All maternity patients will be tested for COVID prior to admission for scheduled deliveries (within 72-96 hours prior to admission)and upon admission for non-scheduled deliveries.
If a visitor leaves the hospital they will need to be rescreened upon arrival and will need to check into the appropriate maternity unit and show photo ID to be readmitted.
The visitation list for infants in the Good Samaritan Hospital NICU and Bethesda North Special Care Nursery (SCN) will be limited to Mom and the holder of the second ID bracelet. They can come at the same time. Any time an approved visitor enters the hospital, they will need to bring their ID bracelet with them to help identify that they are an approved visitor. Visitors will then need to undergo screening, which will include both a risk questionnaire and temperature check, prior to being permitted to enter the NICU or SCN. No one under 18 will be allowed in the unit.
Neonatal Follow-up Clinic:
The infant/child may be accompanied to their neonatal follow up visit by up to two primary caregivers. Caregivers will need to undergo screening, which will include both a risk questionnaire and temperature check, prior to entering the clinic space. No children other than the patient themselves are allowed in clinic.
For the allowed exceptions, these rules apply:
- No visitors who have recently traveled outside the country are allowed in the building.
- No one with symptoms of COVID-19 are allowed in patient care areas (fever, cough, respiratory symptoms).
- All visitors must check in at nurse’s stations and use hand sanitizer upon entry of the patient care area.
- No minors are allowed inside the hospital.
Comprehensive Maternal Care
TriHealth’s Bethesda North Hospital delivers exceptional care to our patients every day, including award-winning maternity services.Bethesda North Offers:
- Perinatal Care Certification from the Joint Commission
- A renovated postpartum unit with 43 rooms
- Three operating rooms
- Breastfeeding Care Center–International Board Certified Lactation Consultants can assist mom and baby with a variety of simple and complex breastfeeding problems.
- A newly renovated 12-bed, Level II Special Care Nursery, with rooming-in availability.
- The GetWell Network is an interactive health and wellness service that offers patient education regarding baby care, health and safety, and medication management.
Bethesda North Hospital Registration
Help us better prepare for your arrival by pre-registering for your delivery. Call 513 569 6600. Registration hours are:
- Monday through Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
*Have your insurance card available.
You will receive an information packet from your obstetrician or midwife. Please complete and return the paperwork in this packet within one week using the addressed envelope to the hospital. It contains your hospital pre-registration. This information must be placed into an electronic medical record, which cannot be done without your preregistration.
Directions to Bethesda North Hospital Delivery Units
- Enter Bethesda North campus from Montgomery Road.
- Follow signs for Hospital Parking.
- Valet parking is available M-F, 5:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. at main entrance. (Valet parking is suspended during COVID-19 restrictions)
- Enter hospital via Main Entrance. (*Between 8 pm - 5 am, must enter through the Emergency Department during COVID-19 restrictions).
- Take Main Elevators to Level 3.
- Maternity Registration/Triage desk is right off of the elevators.