IMPORTANT COVID-19 Coronavirus Updates Regarding Visitor Restrictions
MATERNITY VISITORS FOR DELIVERY ONLY:
As of 7am March 1st, two visitors ( must be at least 16 yo) may accompany the maternity patient during their stay. The two visitors must remain the same and cannot switch out during the stay. Due to safety reasons, only one visitor is allowed in the OR for a Cesarean delivery. In cases of adoption or surrogacy, one visitor is allowed for the maternity patient and two visitors are allowed for the fetus/neonate (three total). The NICU/SCN visitation policy will not change.
All visitors will be screened per protocol before entering the hospital. All maternity patients will be tested for COVID prior to admission for scheduled deliveries (within 72-96 hours prior to admission)and upon admission for non-scheduled deliveries.
If a visitor leaves the hospital they will need to be rescreened upon arrival and will need to check into the appropriate maternity unit and show photo ID to be readmitted.
The visitation list for infants in the Good Samaritan Hospital NICU and Bethesda North Special Care Nursery (SCN) will be limited to Mom and the holder of the second ID bracelet. They can come at the same time. Any time an approved visitor enters the hospital, they will need to bring their ID bracelet with them to help identify that they are an approved visitor. Visitors will then need to undergo screening, which will include both a risk questionnaire and temperature check, prior to being permitted to enter the NICU or SCN. No one under 18 will be allowed in the unit.
Neonatal Follow-up Clinic:
The infant/child may be accompanied to their neonatal follow up visit by up to two primary caregivers. Caregivers will need to undergo screening, which will include both a risk questionnaire and temperature check, prior to entering the clinic space. No children other than the patient themselves are allowed in clinic.
For the allowed exceptions, these rules apply:
- No visitors who have recently traveled outside the country are allowed in the building.
- No one with symptoms of COVID-19 are allowed in patient care areas (fever, cough, respiratory symptoms).
- All visitors must check in at nurse’s stations and use hand sanitizer upon entry of the patient care area.
- No minors are allowed inside the hospital.
Award-winning Care in Private, Comfortable Spaces
As the oldest and largest private teaching and specialty health care facility in Greater Cincinnati, TriHealth’s Good Samaritan Hospital is among the best hospitals in the region, providing a range of quality services to patients in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. Proving our commitment to achieving integrated, coordinated and patient-centered care for mothers and their newborns, Good Samaritan Hospital has earned Perinatal Care Certification from the Joint Commission.
Widely regarded as one of the top delivery hospitals in Ohio, Good Samaritan Hospital is currently renovating our facilities to offer state-of-the-art maternity spaces to match our clinical reputation.
The first two phases of the project have been completed including a full update of the Mother and Baby Unit. All postpartum rooms are now private. fully renovated Advanced Obstetrical Care Unit for high risk patients is also now complete.These rooms are private, as well.
Good Samaritan Hospital Registration
Help us better prepare for your arrival by pre-registering for your delivery. Call 513 569 6600. Registration hours are:
- Monday through Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
*Have your insurance card available.
You will receive an information packet from your obstetrician or midwife. Please complete and return the paperwork in this packet within one week using the addressed envelope to the hospital. It contains your hospital pre-registration. This information must be placed into an electronic medical record, which cannot be done without your preregistration.
Directions to Good Samaritan Hospital Delivery Units
- Enter the hospital campus from Dixmyth Avenue
- Park in the Visitors Garage or use valet parking
- Valet Parking is available between 5:30am to 6:30pm (temporary parking is available) Valet parking is suspended during COVID-19
- If using the Visitors Garage, park near the Red Elevators and take the elevators to Level L
- Enter the hospital’s main Dixmyth lobby (From 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. use the intercom to gain access into the lobby).and take the North Elevators (located near registration) to the 9th floor
In case of an emergency, drive directly to the Emergency Department.