IMPORTANT COVID-19 Coronavirus Updates Regarding Visitor Restrictions
MATERNITY VISITORS FOR DELIVERY ONLY:
One visitor (18 and older) may act as a support person during the labor and post-partum process. All other family/friends/siblings must stay home. This visitor must be screened regarding exposure and without symptoms.
Effective tomorrow 3.18 Doulas will no longer be allowed on the OB units, unless they count as the one support person for the entire stay.
In the case of adoption or surrogacy, one person (18 and older) may be present as a support person for the laboring patient and one person (18 and older) may be present for the baby (adoptive parent or biological parent).
The visitation list for infants in the Good Samaritan Hospital NICU and Bethesda North Special Care Nursery (SCN) will be limited to Mom and the holder of the second ID bracelet. They can come at the same time. Any time an approved visitor enters the hospital, they will need to bring their ID bracelet with them to help identify that they are an approved visitor. Visitors will then need to undergo screening, which will include both a risk questionnaire and temperature check, prior to being permitted to enter the NICU or SCN. No one under 18 will be allowed in the unit.
Neonatal Follow-up Clinic:
Effective immediately, neonatal follow-up clinic will temporarily close to minimize any non-essential pediatric care within the hospital. Clinic staff will work with pediatrician offices and families to provide guidance by phone as necessary, with the goal of reopening clinic when restricted visitation policies are discontinued.
For the allowed exceptions, these rules apply:
- No visitors who have recently traveled outside the country are allowed in the building.
- No one with symptoms of COVID-19 are allowed in patient care areas (fever, cough, respiratory symptoms).
- All visitors must check in at nurse’s stations and use hand sanitizer upon entry of the patient care area.
- No minors are allowed inside the hospital.
Award-winning Care in Private, Comfortable Spaces
As the oldest and largest private teaching and specialty health care facility in Greater Cincinnati, TriHealth’s Good Samaritan Hospital is among the best hospitals in the region, providing a range of quality services to patients in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. Proving our commitment to achieving integrated, coordinated and patient-centered care for mothers and their newborns, Good Samaritan Hospital has earned Perinatal Care Certification from the Joint Commission.
Widely regarded as one of the top delivery hospitals in Ohio, Good Samaritan Hospital is currently renovating our facilities to offer state-of-the-art maternity spaces to match our clinical reputation.
The first two phases of the project have been completed including a full update of the Mother and Baby Unit. All postpartum rooms are now private. fully renovated Advanced Obstetrical Care Unit for high risk patients is also now complete.These rooms are private, as well.
Good Samaritan Hospital Registration
Help us better prepare for your arrival by pre-registering for your delivery. Call 513 569 6600. Registration hours are:
- Monday through Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
*Have your insurance card available.
You will receive an information packet from your obstetrician or midwife. Please complete and return the paperwork in this packet within one week using the addressed envelope to the hospital. It contains your hospital pre-registration. This information must be placed into an electronic medical record, which cannot be done without your preregistration.
Directions to Good Samaritan Hospital Delivery Units
- Enter the hospital campus from Dixmyth Avenue
- Park in the Visitors Garage or use valet parking
- Valet Parking is available between 5:30am to 6:30pm (temporary parking is available) Valet parking is suspended during COVID-19
- If using the Visitors Garage, park near the Red Elevators and take the elevators to Level L
- Enter the hospital’s main Dixmyth lobby (From 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. use the intercom to gain access into the lobby).and take the North Elevators (located near registration) to the 9th floor
In case of an emergency, drive directly to the Emergency Department.