If you and your baby are experiencing the following breastfeeding problems, schedule an appointment with one of our lactation consultants:
- Baby is having difficulty latching on and/or breastfeeding
- Mother has sore and/or damaged nipples
- Baby is not eating 8-12 times in 24 hours in first three months of life
- Baby does not have adequate urines or stools in 24 hours. For each day of baby’s life, expect that number of urines and stools. By day 5 of life, baby should have 6-8+ urines and 4-6+stools in 24 hours and continue this output through six weeks of age.
- Baby needs to be given a supplemental bottle or syringe of breast milk or formula
- Baby is not back to birth weight by two weeks of age
- Baby is not gaining well or is losing weight
- Baby is fussy, gassy, pulling off or refusing the breast
- Mother is experiencing milk production problems (high or low)
- Mother has pain in her breasts for any reason
TriHealth Breastfeeding Help Line
If you are experiencing any breastfeeding problems, our international board certified lactation consultants are here to help. Call our Breastfeeding Help Line, at 513 862 7867, option 3.
Breastfeeding Help Line Hours
- Monday - Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Outpatient appointments can also be scheduled by calling 513 862 7867, option 3. We serve all mothers and babies, who seek our services.