Lung Nodule Program
The Lung Nodule Program at Bethesda North Hospital brings together the physician experts and tests needed to deliver convenient, all-inclusive care for patients with lung nodules, all in the convenience of the Bethesda North Outpatient Imaging building.
Hallmarks of Our Lung Nodule Program:
- Prompt scheduling of initial visit
- On-site CT with same day interpretation
- Timely assessment, diagnosis and recommendations
- Management of follow-up visits
- Coordination of care with multiple specialists
- Ongoing communication with referring physicians
- Patient education
Each patient receives complete testing and consultation with a physician to determine the best course of action for them, all in one visit. This simplifies things for our patients while maximizing early detection of disease and minimizing unnecessary medical or surgical procedures.
Initial Evaluations Include:
- Diagnostic imaging and, if necessary, a breathing test
- Evaluation by a lung specialist
- A plan for follow-up or treatment
For some patients, a periodic series of CT scans to re-check the size of the nodule will be recommended. A growing nodule can indicate a possible cancer, which can be detected only through ongoing monitoring. If the patient is at high risk for lung cancer or if the appearance of the nodule on the CT scan suggests that it is cancerous, further testing or immediate treatment may be recommended.
We accept most insurance plans, and physician referral is not required.