The HealthCare Connection, TriHealth to Offer Drive-Through COVID-19 Testing on Sundays in June, July and August
June 17, 2020
Cincinnati, OH – The HealthCare Connection (THCC) and TriHealth are collaborating to offer drive-through COVID-19 testing on eight Sunday afternoons this summer to residents of Lincoln Heights, Mt. Healthy and surrounding communities in northern Hamilton County who may currently lack access to testing sites.
Team members from both organizations will conduct tests in the parking lot at THCC’s Lincoln Heights Health Center, 1401 Steffen Ave., from 2 to 5 p.m. on the following Sundays: June 21, June 28, July 12, July 19, July 26, August 2 and August 16.
On Sunday, August 9, testing will take place in the parking lot at THCC’s new Mt. Healthy Family Practice Center at 1411 Compton Rd. from 2 to 5 p.m. There will be no testing on Sunday, July 5.
Here are the details for getting tested:
- All people ages 18 or older are welcome, regardless of where you live, your income level and/or your medical coverage.
- Please bring a photo ID and insurance card.
- If you don’t have medical coverage, lab fees will be paid for by THCC.
- There are a limited number of screenings available on each testing day, with limited walk-in access, so appointments are preferred. Call 513 588 3623 for an appointment time, and let the scheduler know whether you have medical coverage.
- Because you will be asked to stay in your cars for testing, we encourage you to be mindful of the summer heat and bring water to stay hydrated.
- Testing will occur rain or shine.
- Everyone is asked to wear masks to the testing site.
- Test results will be available in two days; you will receive your results via telephone or mail.
“Numbers from the CDC indicate that some of the populations we serve have been disproportionately affected by COVID-19,” says Dolores Lindsay, Founder and CEO of THCC. “We believe that everyone deserves quality health care, regardless of where you live, how much you earn, and whether you have medical coverage. By making COVID-19 testing more widely available, we can quickly address any positive cases and slow down the spread everywhere, especially in our higher-risk groups.”
“This is a situation where we feel we could help make a difference for residents of the Lincoln Heights and Mt. Healthy communities,” said Bryan Strader, MD, President of TriHealth Physician Partners and Chief Medical Officer of TriHealth Ambulatory Services. “More testing means more people can get the care they need if any of those tests come back positive.”
About The HealthCare Connection
The HealthCare Connection has operated without interruption for more than 50 years and is the only safety-net provider of primary care services focusing on low-income, underinsured and uninsured residents of northern Hamilton County who live outside the City of Cincinnati. It was founded in 1967 as the first federally qualified health center in Greater Cincinnati and the state of Ohio. From its humble start in a four-room apartment house in Lincoln Heights, The HealthCare Connection today provides care to more than 17,000 patients annually at neighborhood health centers in Lincoln Heights, Mt. Healthy and Forest Park, as well as a Princeton Viking school-based health center, and two co-located centers with Greater Cincinnati Behavioral Health.
TriHealth is a full-service, not-for-profit health system that provides a wide range of clinical, educational, preventive and social programs. The mission of TriHealth is to improve the health status of the people we serve. We pursue our mission by providing a full range of health-related services, including prevention, wellness and education. Our service identity is rooted in our Mission and Core Values, which serve as guiding principles in our healing ministry.
Last Updated: June 17, 2020