From endoscopy and general surgery to pain management and special procedures, Bethesda Butler Hospital offers a comprehensive range of medical services for you. Our multidisciplinary team of physicians, surgeons, nurses and technologists works collaboratively to deliver the quality outcomes you deserve.
Our Endoscopy Lab specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases of the gastrointestinal tract through esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) and colonoscopy. These tests are performed by a specialist called a gastroenterologist, and include two types:
- Upper endoscopy: Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) visualizes the esophagus, stomach, and the duodenum. Examples of diseases that might be diagnosed with an EGD would include Barrett's esophagus, GERD, gastric ulcers, and esophageal cancer.
- Lower endoscopy: Colonoscopy is the number one screening tool to diagnose colon cancer, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s Disease. Prevention of colon cancer is done by removing polyps found in the colon, before they become malignant. A polyp is a grape-size growth on the lining of the colon wall. Colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in men and women in the United States and is preventable.
With a total of over 400 years of OR experience from Nurses, Surgical Technicians and Surgical Assistants we provide the skills and confidence surgeons and patients deserve. Our physicians represent a full range of specialties, including:
- General Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Our Inpatient Unit provides 24-hour hospital care for admitted patients of all ages in a comfortable environment. We are staffed with only Registered Nurses who are Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certified, giving you the benefit of a highly trained care team. Procedures include:
- Total Knee Replacements
- Total Hip Replacements
- Gynecological Surgeries
- Cosmetic Surgery Admissions
- ENT Surgery Admissions
- Infertility Surgery Admissions
- Pediatric Surgical Admissions
- Direct Medical and Surgical Admissions
The Inpatient Unit works closely with Bethesda Butler County Ancillary Services to provide physical therapy services for our inpatients, as well as any radiological or imaging needs they may require.
We offer a full range of pain management treatments, including anesthesia for acute pain management to minimize postoperative pain. Treatments include:
- Epidural Injections
- Facet Injections
- Radiofrequency Lesioning
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Trials
Our hospital also offers a variety of special procedures, including a comprehensive range of infusion therapies:
- Boniva Infusion
- Reclast Infusion
- Blood Transfusions
- Antibiotic Therapy
- IV Hydration Therapy
- Wound Vac Therapy
- Needle Biopsy
- Prior Needle Localization
- Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection