Marianna Vardaka MD, FACOG
Dr. Vardaka is a board certified obstetrician/gynecologist providing expert care for women in all of life's stages.
She is a pioneer in cutting edge surgical procedures and technology, a leader in women's health care for more than 20 years, and a Volunteer Associate Professor at University of Cincinnati Department of OB/GYN
Dr. Vardaka's recent accolades include:
Cincy Magazine "Best Doctors" 2010
Born in Athens, Greece
20 years in practice
16 years in solo practice
- 1975 - Diploma: The 1st High School of Athens
- 1982 - Doctor of Medicine: The National University of Athens Medical School
Honors & Awards
- Awarded yearly for the "Best student in high school"
- Second highest high school diploma grade in all of Greece
- Honor student in Medical School.
- 1983-1986 - General Surgery/Jewish Hospital - Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1987-1990 - Obstetrics & Gynecology/University Hospital - Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1986-1987 - Advanced Gynecologic Surgery/Jewish Hospital - Cincinnati, Ohio
Licenses & Certifications
- 1990-present - Ohio State Medical Board
- 1997-present - American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- 1990-1993 - Greater Cincinnati Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates - Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1993-1994 - Relocation to Greece for family matters
- 1994-1995 - Greater Cincinnati Obstetrics & Gynecology - Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1995-present - Solo Practice
- 2000-2009 - Medical Director of Gynecology, Jewish Hospital of Kenwood
- Cincinnati Academy of Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Ohio State Medical Association
- American College of Obstetricians & Gynecology
Publications & Research
- S.Straubing and M. Vardaka: Benign cystic teratoma of the fallopian tube. A case report. Submitted for publication in the American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Cancer Antigen-125 study: Currently evaluating new leading-edge tumor marker tests with DIANON Systems (in preparation).
- "Cis-Platinum vs. Cis-Platinum and 5-FU as an Adjuvant Therapy on Patients with Cancer of the Cervix (Stages 1B to IV A) and Histological Positive Para-aortic Nodes. A Prospective Randomized Study." OB/GYN PGY3 Project, University Hospital Cincinnati, Ohio, June 16, 1986.
- "Ovarian Cancer", Nursing Staff Oncology Workshop, Jewish Hospital, "Cincinnati, Ohio. August 12, 1986.
- "Pyriform Sinus Fistula", Pediatric Surgical Grand Rounds, University of Cincinnati, Ohio. June 19, 1985.
- "Update in Deep Vein Thrombosis", Vascular Surgery Rounds, Jewish Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio. June 21, 1984.
- "Premature Ovarian Failure", Endocrinology Grand Rounds, University Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio. October 10, 1989.
- Listed in Am. Top 100 OB/Gyn 2006.
- Recently went to China for the National Phy. Ambassadors Program (NPAP)
Megan DeHart WHNP, Nurse Practitioner
As a board-certified women’s health nurse practitioner, Meg DeHart cares for the gynecologic conditions and pregnancy of adolescents and women throughout their lifespans.
DeHart is particularly interested in adolescent gynecology, having taught a resident clinic on the best practices in that area. She also loves helping patients with family planning and finding the best contraceptive solution. She is experienced in placing and removing IUDs and Nexplanon.
Amanda (Mandy) Oswald, Practice Manager
I started with TriHealth September 2013, when the new lobby opened at Bethesda North, as a registrar in Outpatient Registration. I then transferred to Patient Accounting, where I worked for over 13 years. I have been at Dr. Vardaka’s office since March 2018. This office truly is a family!
Melanie Dicker, Medical Assistant
I went to school for Medical Assisting at Miami Jacobs Career College and graduated in Oct, 2011. I started working with Dr.Vardaka in Nov, 2011. I knew I always wanted to work in Women’s health and Dr.Vardaka made it very easy for me to love my job.