Marianna Vardaka MD, FACOG
Dr. Vardaka is a board certified obstetrician/gynecologist providing expert care for women in all of life's stages.
She is a pioneer in cutting edge surgical procedures and technology, a leader in women's health care for more than 20 years, and a Volunteer Associate Professor at University of Cincinnati Department of OB/GYN
Dr. Vardaka's recent accolades include:
Cincy Magazine "Best Doctors" 2010
America's "Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists" five years and running, by the Consumers' Research Council of America
"Professional of the Year" by the Global Directory of Who's Who
Born in Athens, Greece
20 years in practice
16 years in solo practice
- 1975 - Diploma: The 1st High School of Athens
- 1982 - Doctor of Medicine: The National University of Athens Medical School
Honors & Awards
- Awarded yearly for the "Best student in high school"
- Second highest high school diploma grade in all of Greece
- Honor student in Medical School.
- 1983-1986 - General Surgery/Jewish Hospital - Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1987-1990 - Obstetrics & Gynecology/University Hospital - Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1986-1987 - Advanced Gynecologic Surgery/Jewish Hospital - Cincinnati, Ohio
Licenses & Certifications
- 1990-present - Ohio State Medical Board
- 1997-present - American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- 1990-1993 - Greater Cincinnati Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates - Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1993-1994 - Relocation to Greece for family matters
- 1994-1995 - Greater Cincinnati Obstetrics & Gynecology - Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1995-present - Solo Practice
- 2000-2009 - Medical Director of Gynecology, Jewish Hospital of Kenwood
- Cincinnati Academy of Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Ohio State Medical Association
- American College of Obstetricians & Gynecology
Publications & Research
- S.Straubing and M. Vardaka: Benign cystic teratoma of the fallopian tube. A case report. Submitted for publication in the American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Cancer Antigen-125 study: Currently evaluating new leading-edge tumor marker tests with DIANON Systems (in preparation).
- "Cis-Platinum vs. Cis-Platinum and 5-FU as an Adjuvant Therapy on Patients with Cancer of the Cervix (Stages 1B to IV A) and Histological Positive Para-aortic Nodes. A Prospective Randomized Study." OB/GYN PGY3 Project, University Hospital Cincinnati, Ohio, June 16, 1986.
- "Ovarian Cancer", Nursing Staff Oncology Workshop, Jewish Hospital, "Cincinnati, Ohio. August 12, 1986.
- "Pyriform Sinus Fistula", Pediatric Surgical Grand Rounds, University of Cincinnati, Ohio. June 19, 1985.
- "Update in Deep Vein Thrombosis", Vascular Surgery Rounds, Jewish Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio. June 21, 1984.
- "Premature Ovarian Failure", Endocrinology Grand Rounds, University Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio. October 10, 1989.
- Listed in Am. Top 100 OB/Gyn 2006.
- Recently went to China for the National Phy. Ambassadors Program (NPAP)
Cindy Cromer, Office Manager
I have worked closely with Doctor Vardaka for over 25 years. At this point in my life, Doctor Vardaka is more of a family member to me than an employer. I can honestly say that everyone in the office feels like family. The atmosphere in our office strives to make our patient’s comfortable and at home.
Graduated from University of Cincinnati
Happily married for 42 years with three sons
Maria Holthaus, Registered Nurse
I received my nursing degree through The Christ Hospital School of Nursing. Graduated in 2007. After passing boards, I worked on a Medical-Surgical floor at The Christ Hospital for a short time. Quickly realizing, my passion was in obstetrics.
In May 2008, I started my OB journey with Tri Health at Good Samaritan Hospital Mother/Baby Unit. After a few years of post-partum experience, I transferred to Bethesda North Labor & Delivery where I met Doctor Vardaka. I enjoyed working hand and hand with her during deliveries. I was hired on as her primary office nurse in October 2012, and have never looked back. I enjoy learning the whole GYN/OB world, but excel in taking care of and educating the OB patients since my background resolves around OB care.
I’m happily married with two beautiful girls – Evelyn & Layna.
Melanie Dicker, Medical Assistant
I went to school for Medical Assisting at Miami Jacobs Career College and graduated in Oct, 2011. I started working with Dr.Vardaka in Nov, 2011. I knew I always wanted to work in Women’s health and Dr.Vardaka made it very easy for me to love my job.
I am married with two handsome boys: Anthony and Christopher.