The Head and Neck Cancer Services in the Otolaryngology Department here at TriHealth specializes in advanced, integrated care for patients with benign and malignant tumors of the head and neck. In partnership with TriHealth Cancer Institute as well as several other acclaimed surgeons in the region, we offer a multidisciplinary team approach to each patient. We focus on comprehensive treatment, including diagnosis, advanced therapy, recovery and surveillance for each of our patients with an integrated approach to care and support.
We incorporate the latest, evidence-based care with resources and support services to help you and your loved ones through the many difficult decisions and challenges with your diagnosis. Our team of medical experts along with nurses, therapists, psychologists, social workers, dietitians, financial counselors to name a few, are here for you and work together to meet your needs.
Conditions we treat include benign and malignant tumors of:
- Throat and oral cavity (mouth, tongue, tonsils, pharynx, larynx, upper trachea, upper esophagus)
- Nose and sinuses
- Salivary glands
- Integrated multidisciplinary care team: Medical Specialists including experts in otolaryngology: head and neck surgery, reconstructive surgery, oral surgery, radiation oncology, medical oncology, and palliative care collaborate in regularly scheduled discussion of your care from your first visit, through your diagnosis, individualized treatment plan and recovery.
- Our comprehensive approach: Care begins with a thorough evaluation that includes diagnostic assessment with both imaging and non-imaging techniques. Treatment may combine oncologic surgery and reconstruction, radiation therapy, brachytherapy, and/or chemotherapy. A number of other support services are available through TriHealth Cancer Institute to assure all your needs are addressed.
- Patient- and family-centered care: Our team includes a nurse navigator to help guide you and your loved ones through the complexities involved in your diagnosis and treatment. We also assure access to educational, medical, and supportive services such as physical therapy, speech pathology, and nutrition services, to enhance comfort and quality of life from the moment of diagnosis and throughout your treatment path.
- Accessible offices and treatment facilities: We have offices in both Clifton and Kenwood. In addition, patients can elect to receive chemotherapy and/or radiation in one of our nine regional locations.
Keith Wilson, MD
With more than 26 years of experience, Dr. Wilson has ranked as one of the area’s top doctors numerous times. He believes in educating his patients so they can make informed decisions about their healthcare. He maintains a respectful and personable environment for his patients, helping them maintain some control during their care.
Dr. Wilson gets a big thrill when he sees a patient five years after surgery, knowing that, together, they beat cancer. He encourages everyone to maintain a healthy lifestyle by eating well, exercising, not smoking and reducing stress.