Miami Valley Hospital
March 4, 5 and 6
FREE due to generous funding from HHS grant in connection to ODH*
Who Should Attend
Health care professionals who are interested in teaching the program in their community or facility.
Why Should You Attend:
- Stepping On is an evidence-based, fall prevention program that has been shown to reduce falls by 31 percent
- You will become a certified Program Facilitator able to teach this program in your community or facility
- Facilitators will receive a curriculum for the seven-week (2 hours per week) Stepping on Fall Prevention Program
- Significant cost savings for local training (usually costs $2,000 if you train in Wisconsin)
- Learn about simple and fun balance and strength training
- Learn about how medications can contribute to falls
- Learn how to eliminate fall hazards in your home or business
- Learn ways to keep from falling when out in the community
- Understand the role that vision plays in balance
- Understand the importance of vitamin D and calcium in protection against fall injuries
- Learn what to look for when shopping for safe footwear
Learn more about Stepping On at steppingon.com
Questions? Email Stephanie_Lambers@TriHealth.com
*This training is FREE to professionals (with the stipulation you deliver at least one STEPPING ON 7 week class in your community within 2 months of completing the training).
You must have a plan in place to deliver a 7 week Stepping On class when you register for the training per ODH funding requirements.