TriHealth has been a leader in stroke care in Greater Cincinnati for over 30 years. You can walk into any one of our TriHealth Hospital Emergency Departments, strategically based across the tri-state region, and receive top level care at a specially-equipped and nationally recognized stroke treatment facility.
With our specialized Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit (NSICU), TriHealth provides personalized, neurological care for critically ill patients, enabling us to treat some of the most complex strokes in the region.
Good Samaritan Hospital is a Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
Offered in collaboration with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, achieving Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification demonstrates our dedication to evaluating and evolving stroke care. This patient-centric approach is at the heart of our mission and values, and is best for our patients and their families. TriHealth’s system of certified stroke care is the most comprehensive in the region, with Good Samaritan Hospital's recognized expertise supporting centers across the area to provide stroke care near where our patients live and work.
In order to achieve this ambitious certification, hospitals are required to have specific abilities to care for patients with the most complex stroke diagnoses. As a CSC hospital, Good Samaritan demonstrates our commitment to providing care that leads to better outcomes.
In order to become a CSC hospital, we have ensured the following services for our patients:
- Neuroscience intensive care unit, with Neurocritical Care MDs
- Comprehensive and current diagnostic and evidence based treatment services
- Neurosurgical services 24/7
- Participation in clinical research
- Nurses are required to obtain 8 hours per year of stroke education
All of our Cincinnati area hospitals have The Joint Commission stroke certifications:
- Good Samaritan Hospital - Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Bethesda North Hospital - Thrombectomy Stroke Center
- Bethesda Butler Hospital - Primary Stroke Center
- Good Samaritan Western Ridge - Acute Stroke Ready Center
- Bethesda Arrow Springs - Acute Stroke Ready Center
McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital is capable of treating acute strokes.
Hospitals have safety measures in place to protect you. Also remember:
- CALL YOUR DOCTOR if you have questions or think you need a health visit. Find a TriHealth physician.
- DON’T DELAY routine care. You may be able to get advice over the telephone or use telehealth for a virtual visit.