From injury treatment and physical examinations to DNA testing services and immigration exams, we offer a comprehensive range of occupational and health medicine services on-site at your business or at our multiple Occupational Medicine centers across the region.
Our proven professionals have been the first choice of thousands of area businesses for their expertise in every aspect of workplace health and safety.
Our experts work to keep your team member productivity high and company healthcare costs lost through offering a comprehensive range of services:
Our goal is a rapid, safe, productive, and sustained recovery for your most valuable asset: your team members. We do this by:
- Developing the best treatment and rehabilitation plan for each injured worker. When possible, we keep the team member in the workplace throughout treatment and rehab.
- Providing close management of each case, which allows for a cost-effective treatment plan that can be modified to expedite recovery.
- Taking a team approach to care, which involves our providers, the employer, and the team member.
- Offering education to speed recovery and prevent future injuries.
- Providing feedback we gain during the rehabilitation process to the employer that may aid in the identification of worksite safety and ergonomic issues.
Our physical therapists specialize in occupational medicine and see patients at our Butler County, Eastgate, Norwood, Queensgate, and Sharonville Occupational Medicine Centers or at your worksite. Working in coordination with the medical provider to ensure appropriate progress and quality outcomes, our therapists successfully return workers to the job faster and more effectively than national and regional benchmarks.
TriHealth Work Capacity Services provides a comprehensive range of services on-site or at your company location. Services include:
On-site safety walk-through
Team Member education programs
Functional capacity evaluation (FCE)
A licensed physical or occupational therapist performs a functional capacity evaluation to determine current musculoskeletal status and functional capabilities. This information can answer questions about the work capabilities of an individual and can provide appropriate rehabilitation recommendations, if requested.
Pre-Placement Agility Testing
Pre-placement agility testing is a component of a comprehensive, multidisciplinary, pre-employment testing process provided in conjunction with our Bethesda Care Occupational Medicine Centers. Job analyses are completed to identify essential job functions. Applicants for the identified job categories are tested to assess their performance against the established standards for the essential job functions. Tests are constructed to comply with Americans with Disabilities regulations.
Work Readiness Profile (WRP)
A work readiness profile is an extended FCE with job-specific cycles of activities that allow for observation of activity tolerance over a one- to two-day period. A comprehensive overview of the worker's physical, functional, and behavioral capabilities in relation to sustained work performance is also provided.
Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Assessments
The Americans with Disabilities Act can be challenging to implement with specific individuals. Our therapists can perform worksite ADA Assessments of current or potential team members with disabilities and provide recommendations for appropriate accommodations in a targeted job.
Job Analysis, Description Development, Modified Duty
Functionally-explicit job descriptions are an important part of a health and safety program. Accurate job analysis is the foundation of any ergonomic or transitional work program. These job analyses also assist with numerous return-to-work and ADA issues.
Our Transitional Work Program allows injured workers to progressively build up tolerance for work activities in a controlled, supervised fashion, while actually performing productive work. Each program is individually customized and is supervised by a licensed transitional work provider (occupational or physical therapist).
Work conditioning involves individualized treatment focused on regaining function, education in injury prevention, and return-to-work goals. Job simulation tasks are incorporated into the program with a focus toward a vocational goal or job target. Program hours and days are increased as tolerated by the team member.
From breath alcohol testing and drug screenings to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) Program, we offer a comprehensive range of substance abuse testing services, as well as programs for those who need help. Learn more.
Our physical exams are tailored to meet your organization's specific needs, and fully comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), Department of Transportation (DOT), Department of Education, and all other regulatory agencies. We offer a wide range of physical exams at several locations throughout Cincinnati.
- Post-Offer Examinations. After a person has been offered employment, a post-offer exam is performed to determine if any reasonable accommodations need to be made by the employer to ensure long-term employment.
- Periodic Examinations. Periodic physical exams are required for team members serving in OSHA, DOT, and other regulated positions. These exams assure the team member's ongoing ability to safely continue in their job.
- Respirator Examinations. Respirator Examinations ensure compliance with existing regulations (OSHA Respirator Standard, 29 CFR 1910.134) and recommendations, as well as ensure the safety and health of team members using respiratory protective equipment. Learn more about our Respirator Services.
- Return-to-Work/Fit-for-Duty. These exams provide medical opinions regarding the appropriateness of team members returning to work safely.
- Independent Medical Examinations/Disability Evaluations. We offer multidisciplinary, independent medical evaluations, and dispute resolution services to organizations seeking objective, comprehensive, and fair evaluations to help them manage the care and cost of medical disability in their workforce.
- Bureau of Workers' Compensation C92 Exams. C92 exams are performed at the request of the BWC.
- Foreign Travel Examinations and Immunizations. Travel consults are provided to adult clients in order to prevent travel-related diseases. The travel vaccinations administered are determined by Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines specific to the country in which the person is traveling. Learn more about our travel health program.
- USCIS Immigration Physicals. Immigration exams and refugee consultations are available by our physicians who are Civil Surgeons. To learn more about immigration exams, visit the USCIS website.
- Executive Health Examinations. These exams focus on a person's total wellness and taking appropriate action – whatever one's age or health status – to live life at its healthiest. The comprehensive, individualized exam goes well beyond a routine physical to include advanced tests, screenings, risk analyses, and one-on-one coaching on nutrition, fitness, stress management, and life balance. Learn more about our Executive Health Program.
Our experts assist your company in complying with respirator regulations and in ensuring the safety and health of team members using respiratory protective equipment. We offer:
- Respiratory protection program consultation. Our consultation services include:
- Exposure characterization - industrial hygiene services
- Development of a written respirator program
- Personnel training
- Selection and assignment of appropriate respirator and cartridges
- Medical clearance for respirator use. Our goal is to provide the necessary components to ensure your company's respirator program operates as safely and effectively as possible.
- OSHA required components include:
- Administration of the OSHA-mandated respirator questionnaire
- Upon review of the OSHA-mandated questionnaire, a written opinion from the licensed healthcare worker is provided, regarding the team member's ability to use a respirator.
- Additional Components (based on health of respirator user, exposure, type of respirator and intended use):
- Physical Assessment
- Pulmonary Function Test (PFT)
- Chest X-Ray
- EKG/Stress EKG
- Blood Tests
- Respirator fit testing. Respirator fit testing is an annual requirement established by OSHA. Ideally, it is performed with the team member's personal mask supplied by the employer. This service is available at any of our locations at your company.
*As outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety (OSHA) Respirator Standard, 29 CFR 1910.134, employers are required to provide detailed information to their healthcare providers for medical clearance evaluations. In turn, healthcare providers must return specific information to the employer as well as to each team member evaluated.
We can work with you to design a flexible approach to medical clearance evaluations that complies with government regulations, promotes appropriate use of respiratory protective equipment, and minimizes work loss and related expenses.
These exams provide up-to-date medical assessment and consultation after exposure to potentially hazardous materials such as organic solvents, heavy metals, pesticides, indoor air contaminants, or other hazardous materials.
Dr. Ann Middaugh, MD, MS, is an Occupational and Environmental Medicine Specialist with more than 20 years of experience evaluating and consulting patients regarding exposures in the workplace or environment. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Middaugh, please call Bethesda Care Norwood at 513 731 3399.
With minimal accommodations, we bring physical examination, testing, and vaccination services to your workplace. In addition to the added convenience, our on-site services reduce cost by minimizing team members' time away from the job and maintaining productivity. On-site services are performed in compliance with regulated standards.
- Physical Examinations
- Federal Department of Transportation DOT
- School Bus Driver
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) (including respirator and asbestos clearance)
- Health Testing
- OSHA compliant Audio screens
- Vision screens
- Blood/Urine Lab Tests
- Pulmonary Function Tests
- TB Testing
Travel consults are provided to clients 18 years and older in order to prevent travel-related diseases. Travel vaccinations are determined by guidelines specific to the country in which the individual is traveling. Immunizations can include any of the following:
- Hepatitis A & B
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Malaria Medication
- Typhoid Fever
- Yellow Fever
Adult clients may choose from three different levels of travel consultations:
| (A) LEVEL ONE
||(B) LEVEL TWO
||(C) LEVEL THREE
- All vaccinations listed above
- Patient knowledge of required vaccines
- No apparent health concerns
- Patient completes and signs informed consent and
vaccination are administered
- All vaccinations listed above
- No apparent health concerns
- Patient completes a questionnaire
- Physician determines appropriate immunizations and environmental precautions to consider
- Patient completes and signs informed consent and vaccinations are administered
- Includes all items in Level Two
- Patient receives a complete physical exam
- Basic blood analysis
- Chest X-ray, if indicated
- EKG, if indicated
|For further information regarding Travel Consults or to schedule an appointment, please contact any of our locations.
Bethesda Care and Good Samaritan Occupational Medicine specialists provide medical exams and consultations in compliance with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). A non-work-related leave of absence can be managed effectively by having a consultation with an occupational medicine physician who will work to return team members back to work as soon as medically possible.
We offer multidisciplinary, independent medical evaluations and dispute resolution services to organizations seeking objective, comprehensive, and fair evaluations to help them manage the care and cost of medical disability in their workforce.
Immigration exams and refugee consultations are available by our physicians who are Civil Surgeons.