The TriHealth Orthopedic Nurse Navigator Program is a free service provided by TriHealth orthopedic & Sports Institute. Beginning in January 2019, orthopedic nurse navigators will be available for all TriHealth patients undergoing joint replacement surgery for hips and knees. The program was designed as a partnership between patients and orthopedic surgeons to provide support before joint replacement surgery and after discharge from the hospital. The program is tailored to meet patients specific needs to ensure the best possible outcomes.
We know that recovery at home, where you are most comfortable, is the best plan for patients. A safe discharge home to recover is our goal. The role of the TriHealth Orthopedic Nurse Navigator is to ensure that the care that is needed before the surgery and through the critical months following surgery is received.
TriHealth orthopedic nurse navigators assist with important items such as:
- Navigation of the healthcare system and community resources
- Education about equipment and services for a safe discharge to home
- Questions regarding treatment plan or medications
- Communicating with your physicians and care team
- Coordinating appointments, transportation, and quick access to care when needed
Once a plan for surgery has been determined, but before surgery is scheduled, you will be contacted by the nurse navigator.