At Tri-State Maternal-Fetal Medicine, our doctors, in combination with our diabetes educators, offer a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to help you manage diabetes during pregnancy. We assist patients who have gestational diabetes with meal planning and/or medication. We also assist patients with pre-existing diabetes who require more intensive therapy and monitoring, such as an insulin pump.
How We Help You Manage Diabetes
Our caring and experienced staff will help you learn how to control your diabetes during pregnancy. We can help you with:
- Daily meal planning
- Blood sugars
- Regular physical activity
- Stress management
We routinely refer patients to Good Samaritan Hospital, where advanced nurse practitioners and registered dietitians can provide additional in-depth diabetic education, nutritional counseling and support. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that women with diabetes during pregnancy maintain a healthy pregnancy that results in a healthy mother and infant.
Diabetes Management Services We Offer
- Preconception counseling and management - to help women with diabetes wanting to become pregnant achieve a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
- Individual counseling and management - comprehensive diabetes self-management education for women with pre-existing and gestational diabetes. Patients are monitored through the postpartum period until they can return to their endocrinologist or primary care physician.
- Nutritional counseling - medical nutritional therapy available with an experienced registered dietitian of Good Samaritan Hospital who understands the special needs of pregnant women with diabetes. The dietitian will help you achieve blood sugar control with daily meal planning by teaching carbohydrate counting, food labels, portions and meal timing discussion.
- Maternal/fetal surveillance - genetic counseling, comprehensive ultrasonography to assess fetal growth and development, fetal anomaly detection and fetal echocardiography, and antenatal testing including non-stress tests and biophysical profile testing to assess fetal well-being.
- Ongoing clinical support - offered by an advanced practice registered nurse and registered dietitian and physicians experienced with diabetes and pregnancy self-management.
Make an Appointment
If you need further information about pregnancy and diabetes, please feel free to call to schedule an appointment to learn how we can help you control your diabetes at 513 862 6200.
- Our office hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday