Cardiac Education Manuals
From heart medications and cardiac testing to living with heart failure and explanations of various heart surgeries, find everything you need to know in our cardiac education manuals.
Information for Arrhythmia Patients
The following special instruction forms are available for patients with implanted devices.
- Download information on our device clinic follow-up (PDF)
- Implantable loop recorders: discharge instructions (PDF)
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator: discharge instructions (PDF)
- Pacemakers: discharge instructions (PDF)
- Precautions for device patients (PDF)
The following is a list of cardiac tests that your doctor may order while you are in the hospital. During any of these tests, if you feel any unusual symptoms, such as chest pain, dizziness or shortness of breath, let your technician know. After your test is finished, your doctor will review your results with you and decide if any further tests or treatments are needed.