At Good Samaritan Foundation, we help you help others. As the philanthropic entity for the Good Samaritan Hospital region (including Good Samaritan Western Ridge, TriHealth Evendale Hospital, and more), Good Samaritan Free Health Center, and Good Samaritan College of Nursing and Health Science, there are many causes—and lives—you can impact.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital was founded by generosity. It was the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati who began Good Samaritan in 1852 to care for everyone who entered our doors. That generosity, through gifts of all sizes, is what keeps Good Samaritan an innovative leader in compassionate care today.
You can join us in caring for our community through supporting the following initiatives:
- Women’s Services: Help our tiniest patients and their families through the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit)and patients with high risk pregnancy through the Seton Center for Advanced Obstetrics, Advanced Obstetric Care Unit, Center for Maternal Cardiac Care, and more.
- Read our case for support for more information on the needs of women and babies in our community and how you can help.
- TriHealth Cancer Institute at Good Samaritan Hospital: Did you know that TriHealth diagnoses and treats one in three cancer patients in the tristate area? Help patients and families throughout their journey of cancer diagnosis to survival.
- Read our case for support to learn how to join the fight.
- Behavioral Health: As the longest standing inpatient Behavioral Health Department in the region, Good Samaritan’s Department of Behavioral Health Services provides a vital resource as inpatient beds in our community continue to shrink. In addition to inpatient and outpatient services for a full range of diagnoses, the department is also on the front lines of the opioid epidemic.
- Medical Education: Good Samaritan is the oldest and largest private teaching hospital in Greater Cincinnati, and we continue to educate and empower the future physicians of our community.
- TriHealth Neuroscience Institute at Good Samaritan Hospital: Good Samaritan is the first hospital in the Midwest and third in the nation to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for brain tumor certification. Along with our partners at Mayfield Brain & Spine, we are paving the future of neuroscience care.
- Read our case for support.
- And more! Please let us know about an area close to your heart and we will help you make a difference.
Good Samaritan Free Health Center
Founded in 2011, the Good Samaritan Free Health Center provides primary, specialty, and dental care, as well as behavioral health and support services, to adults without medical insurance and no other access to health care. Care is provided primarily by our large volunteer network and small core staff. We are the largest urban free health center in the State of Ohio by volume, and the only free health center in southwest Ohio. Because we do not bill for any care or services, the Free Health Center is 100% philanthropically funded. It is only because of generous donations that more than 2,000 individuals received care this past fiscal year.
Read our case for support to learn more about the Free Health Center and how you can change lives.
Good Samaritan College of Nursing and Health Science
Good Samaritan College is a specialized college of higher education committed to educating men and women for careers in nursing and other health related fields in the Greater Cincinnati region for more than 120 years. The College is a private, Catholic institution located within Good Samaritan Hospital that fulfills its mission by addressing the needs of students with differing interests, plans, and expectations.Read our case for support to learn more about GSC and how you can invest in the future caregivers of our community.