William Polzin MD, Associate Medical Director of the Fetal Care Center of Cincinnati, along with Mounira Habli MD, are collaborators with the Fetal Care Center of Cincinnati, allowing our patients needing fetal therapy to have seamless coordination of their prenatal care. We also have an onsite nurse coordinator, who serves as your personal liaison.
Depending on what therapy or surgery is necessary, it may be done at Good Samaritan Hospital or Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Dr. Polzin and Habli will be an integrated part of your care team and have privileges at both hospitals.
Fetal Therapies We Offer
Our complete list of fetal therapies includes:
- Fetal transfusion for anemia
- Management of isoimmunization, viral diseases and hydrops fetalis
- Fetal medical treatment for fetal arrhythmia, Twin-Twin Transfusion Syndrome, fetal heart block, and congenital adrenal hypoplasia
- Fetal shunt placement for bladder obstruction and chest masses
- Fetal echocardiography in conjunction with Cincinnati Children’s Pediatric Cardiology
- Fetoscopy: small fiberoptic cameras inserted into the uterus to do small surgical procedures for your baby
- Open fetal surgery for meningomyelocele, chest tumors, vascular tumors, and bladder obstruction
- Exit procedures for airway management, ECMO, and chest tumors